If you can't convince them, confuse them

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blah, Another entry

I know I should be doing something. I just don't feel like it. I have the 6th grade blues. I can't believe Anthony is in 6th grade. He's dang near done with school. Where on earth did that time go? I'm so lucky to have him. He's such a good kid. So gentle hearted and well rounded and SO damn smart. sometimes too smart for his own good. I'm starting to feel a little paranoia. I'm trying to instill things in him. I'm trying to remember and make mental lists of things I might not have taught him yet... "did you remember to brush your teeth and put deodorant on? You should always do this before leaving the bathroom after a shower" or another one is "Please cut your fingernails. The first sign of a well manicured man is nice finger nails" All of these things he needs to know. What if he forgets? What if I didn't tell him enough times? What happens when I can't remind him of these things? What if he REALLY wants to go into the Army. How will I feel about THAT?

He didn't have his school schedule with him today. I wanted to run it in. I'm trying to show self restraint and know this is 6th grade. I've told Brittany the key word this year is "accountability". They need to be responsible and held accountable for things they do and don't do. I'm trying to do my job. I just worry sometimes I'm not and NOW I'm stressed that I'm running out of time to teach them stuff and what happens if I don't. *Sigh*

4 Comments:

  • Ooh, the first day is so exciting, and so scary! Ours is Monday. I think i'm ready!

    By Blogger Steph, At August 25, 2005 2:16 PM  

  • Reached gadget overload? Join the club
    True technology addicts wouldn't part with their gadgets until they're pried away from their cold, dead hands.
    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my horoscope 2005 related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 25, 2005 2:48 PM  

  • you're an awesome mom missy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 27, 2005 9:46 PM  

  • I hate these comment spammers in my blog too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 06, 2005 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home